Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Joy of Learning... It's so fun and amazing to see children learn. Over the last month, we've seen some incredible moments of learning and discovery. She loves tracing letters and numbers and her little arts and crafts projects at school, and doing mazes, and singing and dancing, but her most favorite thing is coloring. She loves to color. She's really done so great staying in the lines. Sometimes she doesn't hold the crayon on the end, but she'll adjust it. Most of the time she has her tongue sticking out of her mouth in deep concentration (which I love to see). In the photos below, she's coloring a little turkey picture she got from school. She was upset to not finish it at school when daddy picked her up so they let her take one home to work. She started coloring it as soon as she got home. Which reminds me...I picked her up earlier than usual one day this past week (week of 11/15) and the teacher had just told them to go to the table and it was time to start coloring. They all ran to the table and rushed to sit down. The teacher saw me at the door and said, "Oh Abigail, your mommy is here." She turned around and saw me and threw her head onto her hands on the table in a very dramatic way. She was sooooo upset I was interrupting this fun time. She was crying out no...I want to color. Okay, so that had NEVER happened before, ever. I'm usually greeted with her running up to me, opened arms...so, yes, she's in love with coloring. Pretty much all artistic things. I need to find a chance to capture some video of her singing her favorite song...Do, Re Mi from the Sound of Music!

I love watching her learn, discover and take interest in things. :)