Saturday, November 20, 2010

THE ANTIQUE SALE 10/10/10

There were tons of neat things, but we only bought one thing and it was something Abigail wanted. She was standing at a table for a while looking at it and I kept wondering what she was looking at. Then I noticed it was a little piano music box.


She loved it. She brought it over to me to show it to me. She said, I want this mommy. I told her we’d have to check to find out how much it was first. Mommy did a little negotiating with the guy who overpriced it I thought and we managed to get it for $5. I know, still might be over priced! She was really drawn to it and she loved the fact that she could see the little mechanical part move and make music…barely. It needed some oiling or something. It was pretty dusty and I showed her a couple of other jewelry boxes that I thought she’d like more. One was pink and another white. Neither of them played music. We went to lunch afterwards and she insisted on taking it down and having it on the table. I can’t remember the little song it plays, but I really like it.

I loved the way she was attracted to it and it was the first time I saw her look at something like that. She didn’t ask me to get it like she does when she sees anything Disney Princess or candy; it was different. Anyway, it was just too cute of an experience not to share. In the attached are a few pics.