Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Charlotte's Here!

We went to the hospital at 10am for a noon delivery. The weather was a bit cloudy with the threat of storms later in the day. Our preacher from church met us at the hospital and we did a prayer. I actually started having regular contractions as we waited for the noon csection so scheduled or not, this was to be her birthday! Turns out, an emergency csection came in around 11:30 and they had to tend to her first so we ran a bit late.

We walked into the operating room and they were playing Lady Gaga's "Born this Way" over the PA system. Everyone was in a great mood ready to bring little Charlotte into the world. She arrived at 12:55 pm. When I heard her cry, I started too as well. What had been a long, long and rough road, had finally come to an end. My miracle was here. Then, when I saw her eyes, I couldn't believe the beauty before me!

They kept us in the recovery room for a longer period of time since there was a tornado watch and that happened to be one of the safest places in the hospital. I felt very safe and happy just holding on to my baby with my hubby by my side!!

She weighed 8lbs and 3oz and was 20.5 inches long!! Perfect in every way!

So many came to the hospital to meet baby Charlotte! Friends, co-workers and it was just wonderful!! April 25th was a wonderful day!