Thursday, August 13, 2009

The World of Mosaics...the Teachings of Jody Truly Mosaics

So, I was so blown away by my friend, Jody's, incredible mosaic talent, one of MANY talents this little lady possesses, that I had to beg her to teach me some. While I know I could never come close to what she creates, I would have fun learning from the pro and we could sit and enjoying talking about life while working on some mosaic projects! Check out her mosaics blog linked here to mine (see link off to the right).


I started with a birthday project for my sis...I figured if it came out bad, she'd still love it cause it came from me and from my heart and my cheesy arts n crafts mood. :)

Class I: Here I am on location with Master Mosaic-er Jody Truly.


Okay, so this is not quite as easy as I thought.

My teacher, the Jody Truly, from Jody Truly Mosaics. So kindly showing off my work...novice result. I strive to be her mosaics prodigy. Ha!


Here it is at it's current state. It's going to be a hot plate trivet. Ignore the fish, while my sis loves fish, I decided not to go that route when I realized how difficult that little fish would be as my very first project!

THANKS JODY!!!